If you are involved in maintaining the pavement for a subdivision, condominium complex or HOA, you know how strongly your residents feel about having all pavements look attractive and be well-maintained. However, the installation and maintenance of pavement may not be areas with which you have a great deal of experience. You also have many other demands on your time, may be short-staffed or need to budget funds wisely. If any of this sounds familiar, the following tips may help.
Maintaining your pavement Professional maintenance is the key to attractive, long-lasting pavement. The specific procedures that you will need depend on your property and the type of pavement you have. Here are some common maintenance procedures.
• Repairs: There is not much that will upset your residents more than driving their new car over a deep pothole. Potholes are often the result of neglected cracks, so have cracks repaired as soon as possible to prevent additional damage.
• Overlays: Overlays can be a great way to get the look and performance of a new asphalt pavement without the expense. An overlay, which can be installed over concrete as well as asphalt, is a course of new asphalt that is applied directly over the top of existing pavement.
• Speed Bumps: Speed bumps can help you control the speed at which vehicles travel in your neighborhood or parking lot. Studies have shown that proper speed bumps can make areas safer for pedestrians, especially children.
• Sealcoating: If you want your asphalt pavement to last as long as possible and look its best, you should have fresh sealcoating applied periodically. Sealcoating gives faded asphalt back its dark, rich color and conceals minor flaws in the surface of the pavement. Sealcoating also protects against automotive fluids and UV radiation; these can reduce the life of unprotected asphalt pavement by as much as half.
• Markings: Communal parking areas need clearly defined spaces. Crosswalks should be well-marked to improve safety. Other pavement markings that you may need include curb paint to indicate no-parking zones, center lines to divide traffic lanes and arrows to indicate the route that traffic should follow.
If you need help with your pavement, contact Alpha Paving Industries. We are a full-service paving company with impeccable references, skilled crews and professional project managers. We are committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing extraordinary results at competitive rates. Our services include road construction, asphalt overlays, sealcoating, pavement markings and pavement repairs. You can request a free quote by submitting the online form or calling (336) 549-2258.